Following Race 2 in Monza, the Stewards received a protest from the Volcano Motorsport team that Franco Girolami had passed Mikel Azcona under yellow flags at Turn 5 (the exit to the Roggia chicane) on Lap 3. Following an investigation, the Stewards upheld the protest and so gave Girolami a thirty-second penalty that dropped him to nineteenth place in the final results.
That means that Mat’o Homola becomes the seventh race winner of the 2021 TCR Europe season, with Tom Coronel moving up to second place and Jack Young to third.
The revised Race 2 result is therefore as follows:
1. Mat’o Homola (Janik Motorsport, Hyundai i30 N) 10 laps
2. Tom Coronel (Comtoyou Racing, Audi RS 3 LMS) +0.765
3. Jack Young (Brutal Fish Racing, Honda Civic Type-R) +1.076
4. Mikel Azcona (Volcano Motorsport, CUPRA Leon Competición) +3.197
5. Felice Jelmini (Sebastien Loeb Racing, Hyundai Elantra N) +4.524
As a result of the penalty and revised race result, the Drivers’ Championship standings are now:
1. Azcona 382 pts; 2. Girolami 329 pts; 3. Coronel 255 pts; 4. Langeveld 242 pts.